Thursday, March 19, 2009

Myths and Legends

Myths & Legends or ML as I call them is such a great resource for teachers/students. It is ideal for English/history. Basically, ML is a place where students can create their own myth or Legend and then post it online. Creating the Myth is very easy and not only can you upload your own pictures (or choose from their stock footage), you can record your own voice to narrate your story.

What makes ML so great is the "submissions" of stories before they get posted online. All stories have to be approved by a moderator/teacher before they can be posted. This totally eliminates anything inappropriate from occurring on their site. Actually, if you are doing this in Windows you can download your story and share it that way.

The only "gray" area I have is about their comment feature. I'm not sure if there is a built in filter or if comments have to be approved before they get posted. I have an email into them regarding this aspect.

For more info click here.

Below is an example of a Myth & Legend I created...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!